Apple Oat Crumble with Yoghurt
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, de-cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. all spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup oats
- 1/3 cup wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp. pepitas (optional)
- 70g butter, cubed, room temperature
- 200g plain, unsweetened, Greek yoghurt
To stew the apples:
- Place apples, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon in a saucepan and cover with water, just above the line of apples. Bring the saucepan to the boil and allow mixture to simmer, over low heat, uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the apples are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Remove apples from heat, drain any excess water and set aside.
To make the crumble:
- Preheat oven to 160o
- Add oats, wholemeal flour, coconut, brown sugar, walnuts and pepitas to a mixing bowl. Once butter has reached room temperature, gently rub into mixture using your fingers. Do not microwave butter. The mixture should resemble bread crumbs.
- Divide the apples between four oven proof mini ramekins. Top with oat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden in colour. Serve hot with a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info per serve
- Energy: 2026kJ (484 calories)
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 44g (30g sugar)
- Fat: 29g (15g saturated fat)
- Fibre: 8g
- Sodium: 40mg