Some of the best foods in life are combinations of something crunchy used to eat something smooth. This avocado dip with mixed vegetables meets the bill. A mixture of fresh, crunchy vegetables make the ideal vehicles for this perfectly seasoned avocado dip.
Ingredients (10 serves)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- juice ½ lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into sticks
- 100g snow peas, ends removed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, cut into sticks
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into sticks
You can use a range of different vegetables:
- sugar snap peas
- raw broccoli florets
- green beans
The more colourful the better!
- Place the avocados, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red onion and chilli in a small bowl. With a fork, mash the avocado until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Place the avocados, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red onion and chilli in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
For individual serves, place 2 tbsp. of dip into a small plastic cup or glass. Place 2-3 of each of the vegetable sticks and a cherry tomato into the dip.
For group serves, place the dip into a small serving bowl and arrange the vegetable sticks and cherry tomatoes around it on a serving platter or serve each of the vegetables in individual cups with the dips as pictured.
Nutrition Information (Per Serve):
- Energy: 494kJ (118 kcal)
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 10g (2g saturated)
- Carbohydrate: 3g (2.5g sugar) – all natural sugars
- Fibre: 3g
- Sodium: 26 mg