Some of the best foods in life are combinations of something crunchy used to eat something smooth. This avocado dip with mixed vegetables meets the bill. A mixture of fresh, crunchy vegetables make the ideal vehicles for this perfectly seasoned avocado dip.
Avocado Dip with Mixed Vegetable Sticks
- 2 avocado peeled and stone removed
- ½ clove garlic crushed
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ onion, red finely chopped
- 1 chilli, red small, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot cut into sticks
- 1 cucumber, any cut into sticks
- 100 g snow peas ends removed
- 1 punnet tomato, cherry
- 1 capsicum, red cut into sticks
- 1 capsicum, yellow cut into sticks
- Chunky versionPlace the avocados, garlic, lemon juice, red onion and chilli in a small bowl. With a fork, mash the avocado until all the ingredients are well-combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Smooth versionPlace the avocados, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red onion and chilli in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- For individual serves, place 2 tbsp. of dip into a small plastic cup or glass. Place 2-3 of each of the vegetable sticks and a cherry tomato into the dip.
- For group serves, place the dip into a small serving bowl and arrange the vegetable sticks and cherry tomatoes around it on a serving platter or serve each of the vegetables in individual cups with the dips as pictured.
- 1 serve vegetables
- 3/4 serve fat