Baked Sweet Potato
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 large sweet potato, skin on (approx. 400g)
- 40g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp. cumin spice
- ½ tsp. paprika spice
- ½ tsp. chilli powder, hot or mild
- 4 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 4 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° C. Wash and slightly scrub the sweet potato. Cut the sweet potato in half, length ways, and microwave for 3 minutes, or steam for 8 minutes, to slightly soften.
- Combine the cumin, paprika and chilli powder in a very small bowl and mix.
- Place the sweet potato halves on a baking tray lined with foil or baking paper, skin side down. Sprinkle with parmesan and half of the spice mix, the other half will be used on the chicken. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 20-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon juice and olive oil to the left over spice mix and coat the chicken.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenderloins for 2-3 minutes each side. They will cook quickly so keep an eye on them to ensure you don’t overcook them. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and serve each portion with a dollop of yoghurt, 2 chicken tenderloins and a garden salad of mixed leafy greens, cucumber and tomato.
Nutrition Info per serve
- Energy: 1877kJ (449 calories)
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 36g (15g sugar)
- Fat: 19g (7g saturated fat)
- Fibre: 9g
- Sodium: 706mg