Life can get chaotic and most of us are always trying to work out fast, healthy, yet tasty and easy meals that can make life that little bit easier. I like things to be simple, and healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated.
This quick and easy chicken salad is super tasty. The secret being the sweet and tangy dressing. If you make two to three days worth ahead of time, then you’ve got lunch sorted for the first half of the week! A healthy eater is an organised eater.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 cups of mixed leafy green salad (baby spinach, rocket, mescaline etc)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 320g of BBQ chicken meat, roughly shredded, skin removed and discarded
- 120g of feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 2 tsp of wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp of honey
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Combine the wholegrain mustard, honey, olive oil and vinegar in a small jar or container, secure with a lid and shake well. Set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients and toss. Divide into 4 bowls or containers. Top each bowl of salad with the chicken and feta.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- Energy: 1340kJ (345 Calories)
- Carbohydrate: 6g (sugar 6g)
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 16g (saturated 5g)
- Fibre: 5g
- Sodium: 465mg