Beetroot, Green Beans & Feta
This delicious combination of beetroot, green beans and feta can be enjoyed as a side dish, or a larger serve as a light meal. Not only is packed full of flavour and healthy fats but beetroot is a great source of inorganic nitrate which has been shown to help reduce blood pressure.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 punnet (500g) ready-to-eat fresh whole beetroot
- 200g green beans, ends removed, sliced in half.
- 2 tbsp walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50g Greek feta cheese (goat feta if possible)
- Sea-salt to taste
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add green beans and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut beetroot into wedges (roughly 8 wedges per beetroot, smaller ones can be cut into 4 or 6 wedges). Place into serving bowl.
- Add cooled beans and walnuts to the beetroot and toss gently.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt (optional). Toss again.
- Crumble feta over the top and serve.
Nutrition Info per serve:
- Energy: 592kj (141cal)
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.6g (8.2g sugars)
- Fat: 7.9g (1.5 saturated fat)
- Fibre: 4.5g
- Sodium: 163mg
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Alpha Fresh Foods.