Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, grated
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup Natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup blueberries or strawberries
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Combine oats, coconut, chia seeds, milk, half the grated apple, cinnamon and vanilla in bowl. Soak for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Serve with the yoghurt , remaining grated apple, almonds and fruit of choice.
- This bircher muesli will last up to five days in the refrigerator in an air tight container. It’s best to leave out the toppings (yoghurt, remaining grated apple and almonds) as they’ll soften while sitting in the fridge. Add these toppings when you’re just about to dig in!
Nutritional information per serve
- Energy: 2030kJ (485 calories)
- Carbohydrate: 28g (23g sugar - note: this is mostly naturally occurring sugar in the fruit)
- Fat: 22g (6g saturated fat)
- Fibre: 13g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 112mg