This recipe brings together the unique flavours of cajun spice, orange, fennel and mint. It is deliciously fresh and will keep you feeling full and satisfied while ticking your key nutritional goals of protein, fibre, vegetables and healthy fats.
You can throw this meal together in under 20 minutes for an easy weeknight dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 800g white fish (snapper, basa, whiting)
- 200g brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cos lettuces, finely sliced
- 1 fennel, finely sliced
- small bunch chives, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch mint, finely sliced
- 1 orange, skin removed, cut into rounds
- 2-3 tsp. cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly sprinkle one side of the fish fillets with cajun seasoning.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat and add half the oil. Cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest.
- Cook the brown rice noodles as per the packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the noodles, lettuce, fennel, chives, mint and orange slices and the remaining oil and toss to combine.
- Divide the noodle salad over 4 plates and top with a fillet of fish. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serve
- Energy: 1956kJ (467cal)
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 14g (Sat. fat: 3g)
- Carbs: 46g (Sugar: 8g)
- Fibre: 5g
- Sodium: 262mg