A curry has long been one of the most popular dishes in any given household, and for good reason. It is not only packed with amazing flavours but it’s good for you too! Rich in fibre, protein, antioxidants and other phytochemicals, this curry is sure to warm you right to the core!
Who feels like a curry all of a sudden? Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
Chicken and Lentil Curry with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- onion, brown
- 2 tsp ginger, fresh minced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 chilli, red finely diced
- 1 capsicum, red diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 tbsp curry paste, yellow gluten free if required
- 500 g chicken, breast
- 400 g tomato, diced, canned
- 1 tbsp soy sauce gluten free if required
- 400 g lentils, canned drained and rinsed
- 500 g yoghurt, natural
- 1 cauliflower grated
- Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan over over medium-high heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and sauté until soft. Add the capsicum and carrot and toss for a further minute.
- Add the curry paste and sauté until fragrant. Add the chicken breast and toss to coat in the curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Reduce the heat and add the tinned tomatoes and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the yoghurt. Set aside.
- To make the cauliflower rice. Remove the leaves and most of the stems from the cauliflower. Using a box grater (cheese side) or a food processor, grate or process the cauliflower into rice sized pieces. Squeeze out the excess water in the cauliflower.
- Heat the oil in large saucepan. Add the cauliflower and sauté for 5-6 minutes covered with a lid until just soft.
- Serve the curry into 6 bowls or containers with ½ – 1 cup of cauliflower rice! Enjoy!
- ¼ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- ½ serve fat
- 2 serves vegetables