A curry has long been one of the most popular dishes in any given household, and for good reason. It is not only packed with amazing flavours but it’s good for you too! Rich in fibre, protein, antioxidants and other phytochemicals, this curry is sure to warm you right to the core!
Who feels like a curry all of a sudden? Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli (optional)
- 1 red capsicum, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry paste
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 500g natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 head, cauliflower
- Over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and add the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and sauté until soft. Add the capsicum and carrot and toss for a further minute.
- Add the curry paste and sauté until fragrant. Add the chicken breast and toss to coat in the curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Reduce the heat and add the tinned tomatoes and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the yoghurt.
- To make the cauliflower rice. Remove the leaves and most of the stems from the cauliflower. Using a box grater (cheese side) or a food processor, grate or process the cauliflower into rice sized pieces. Squeeze out the excess water in the cauliflower.
- Heat the oil in large saucepan. Add the cauliflower and sauté for 5-6 minutes covered with a lid until just soft.
- Serve the curry into 6 bowls or containers with ½ – 1 cup of cauliflower rice! Enjoy!
Nutrition Information per serve
- Energy: 1465kJ (350 cals)
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fat: 10g (3g saturated)
- Fibre: 10.5g
- Sodium: 739mg