Chicken, Feta and Sundried Tomato Sandwich
Sandwiches don’t have to be boring and can contain much more than just cheese or vegemite. Use your sandwich as an opportunity to nourish and you can easily include 2-3 serves of vegetables, healthy sources of protein and some healthy fats.
Servings: 1 person
- 100 g chicken, breast poached and shredded
- 20 g cheese, feta (soft)
- 2 tbsp tomato, sundried oil drained
- ½ cup lettuce, leaves, mixed
- ¼ cup cucumber, any thinly sliced
- 2 slice bread, wholemeal (or sourdough) crusty
- Spread one slice of bread with the soft feta.
- Top the other slice of bread with shredded chicken, sun-dried tomato pieces, cucumber slices and rocket.
- Finish with the slice of bread with feta and serve. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 83% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 ½ serve vegetables
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 577mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 160mg