Chicken and Mushrooms
Try this quick and easy mushroom suace to spruce up a weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 600 g chicken, breast (2 large breasts) cut in half lengthways so you have 4, 1-2 cm think fillets
- 250 g mushroom, common thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cream, pure
- ½ cup stock, chicken
- 2 tsp mustard, dijon
- 2 cup beans, green ends removed
- 2 cup sugar snap peas
- Season the chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken breast fillets and sear both sides for 2 minutes each until just golden. Remove from heat and set aside. Don’t worry if they’re not cooked through, we’ll be cooking them further later.
- Add the mushrooms to the same pan and cook, stirring regularly until soft. Add the cream, chicken stock and Dijon mustard and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to the boil and reduce the heat. Add the chicken fillets back in and allow the sauce to simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile place the green beans and sugar snap peas in a heat-proof bowl. Cover them with boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Serve each plate with a portion of chicken breast, a ¼ of the mushroom sauce from the pan and a ¼ of the beans and sugar snap peas. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 83% 1 serve of the recipe provides:
- 1 serve protein
- 1¾ serve vegetables
- 1¼ serve fat
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 255mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g