Wraps are one of my favourite meals to have for lunch. You can put anything you like in them. These chicken wraps are my favourite combination at the moment. I just love all the fresh, beautiful flavours and it’s really filling, keeping me quite happy till afternoon tea time. Please share your wrap combinations in the comments below.
Chicken and Tabouli Wraps
- 500 g chicken, breast 1 large breast
- 4 wrap, wholegrain
- 8 tbsp hummus
- 140 g cheese, tasty, low fat grated
- 1 serve tabouli
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 carrot grated
- Place the whole chicken breast in a small saucepan. Add the chopped shallot and season with salt and pepper. Cover with boiling water and allow to boil for about 7-8 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest in the water for a further 20 minutes, keep the lid on.
- Meanwhile, spread each wrap with 2 tbsp hummus. Top with grated cheese and carrot and 1 serve of the tabouli mixture.
- Remove chicken from the water. Thinly slice it with a knife or shred it with your fingers. Add the chicken to each wrap, roll up and serve. Enjoy!
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1¼ serve protein
- 2 serve vegetables
¾ serve fat