If you haven’t given chia seeds a go, then you are in for a real treat. Combining the chocolate, fresh berries and pops of chia makes this a recipe you will call a favourite in no time. It is also super easy and not to mention healthy. Bonus!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 ½ cups milk (cow or soy)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- Combine the milk, maple syrup, vanilla essence and cocoa powder in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 4 small glasses. Add 1 tbsp chia seeds to each glass and stir well to combine. Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with fresh strawberries. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serve
- Energy: 989kJ (236 cals)
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 19g (16g sugar)
- Fat: 12g (3g saturated)
- Fibre: 11g
- Sodium: 50mg