Sometimes the afternoon rolls around and you feel like eating something sweet. This can often be caused by not eating enough earlier in the day, especially at lunch, but if you’ve really got a hankering or just looking for a delicious addition to your afternoon cuppa, then this recipe is for you!
These bliss balls are rich is fibre, the sweetness of cranberries and full of whole foods. You’ll feel nice and satisfied without overeating. Enjoy!
Ingredients (18 balls, 9 serves)
- 100 g cranberries
- 50 g pitted dates
- 1⁄4 cup black chia seeds
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 30g shredded coconut (no added sugar)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 30g cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, for rolling
- Combine the cranberries, dates, chia seeds and boiling water in a bowl. Allow them to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place coconut, almonds, cacao, coconut oil, vanilla essence and the cranberry mix above into a food processor. Blend on high until thoroughly combined. It will resemble brownie batter.
- Once the mixture has a sticky and moist texture to it, refrigerate for 30 mins. This makes it easier to shape the bliss balls.
- Roll about 2 tsp worth of the mixture into balls (20g each), then lightly roll them
in desiccated coconut.
- Allow to sit in your fridge to set for about 20 minutes.
- Recommend serve for a snack is two balls.