Lamb always feel like a treat for me. I’m pretty sure it’s got to do with the high price tag! Regardless, if you’re going to enjoy some high price meat, you need to make sure they’re paired with some delicious whole foods so you get not just a healthy but also a tasty week night meal. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to whip together!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 12 large lamb chops, fully trimmed of fat
- 4 corn cobs
- 1 cup beetroot dip (cashews and feta is delicious)
- 8 dutch (baby) carrots
- 2 cups green beans, ends removed
- 2 cups snow peas, ends removed
- cumin spice, to sprinkle
- salt and peper
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place the lamb cutlets and dutch carrots on the tray and sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- To cook the corn cobs, place into a steamer for 15 minutes. Alternatively you can microwave them in a heat proof bowl, covered in cling wrap, 1 tbsp of water for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the beans and snow peas in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 3-4 minutes and then drain and set aside.
- Serve each plate with 3 lamb cutlets, 1 corn cob and a quarter of each of the vegetables. Serve with a generous dollop of beetroot dip. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serve
- Energy: 2199kJ (525cal)
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 33g (sugar 15g)
- Fat: 22g (saturated 7g)
- Fibre: 15g
- Sodium: 305mg