Fruit is great for you! It’s the perfect delivery system for sugar, so you don’t need to worry about whether you should eat it or not. You can eat it!
Rich in dietary fibre, vitamin C and other anti-oxidants, 2 serves of fruit along with 5 serves of vegetables a day decreases our risk of chronic disease! If you get a little bored of fruit, than we have some fantastic snack ideas just waiting to be devoured! Enjoy our kiwi yoghurt layers and watermelon salsa for your next snack or dessert! You won’t regret it!
Fruit Snacks: Kiwi and Yoghurt Layers and Watermelon Salsa
- 2 kiwi fruit, skin removed, cut into small pieces
- 100g Greek or natural yoghurt
- In a small glass, layer the Greek yoghurt and kiwi fruit on top of the other.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- 200g watermelon, cut into small cubes
- 1 punnet strawberries, green removed, cut into quarters
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 6-7 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Combine the mint, strawberries, raspberries and watermelon in a bowl and toss to coat the fruit in the mint.
- Serve into two tall glasses or bowls. Enjoy!