When it comes to warming up on a cold winters night, theres nothing quite like a hearty pumpkin soup. Full of body and flavour this soup is very filling and satisfying, boasting 8g of fibre per serve.
The addition of the cannellini beans is what boosts the fibre content also giving it a beautiful creamy texture and flavour. It’s divine.
Make sure you make up a big batch when you cook it so you’ve got leftover serves for later on.
Hearty Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin, skin removed and chopped into chunks
- 400g potato, skin left on and cut into chunks
- 1-2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves removed from the sprigs
- 2 tsp chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained.
- 4 tbsp pure cream or greek yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté them until the onion is soft.
- Add the pumpkin and potato and toss with the onion for 1-2 minutes. Add enough water to just cover the vegetables and stir in the stock powder and fresh rosemary. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the cannelloni beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Using a blender or stick blender, process the soup until smooth and lump free.
- Add a dollop of pure cream or yoghurt, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information for Hearty Pumpkin Soup
- Energy: 1150kJ (275 Cal)
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 10g (5g saturated)
- Fibre: 8g
- Sodium: 256mg