Mexican Lettuce Burritos
A lighter twist on a Mexican favourite.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp paste, garlic
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 4 tomato, common roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 capsicum, any diced
- 200 g beans, 4 bean mix, canned washed and drained
- 200 g corn, kernels, canned washed and drained
- 1/2 bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh roughly chopped
- 8 leaves lettuce, iceberg washed
- 120 g cheese, tasty, low fat shredded (1 cup)
- 200 g yoghurt, greek (1 cup)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until tomatoes become soft.
- Add in zucchini to the saucepan. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in parsley, capsicum, bean mix and corn. Leave to simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Carefully remove lettuce leaves from the lettuce bunch and set aside. In each lettuce leaf, place a heaped spoonful of the Mexican mix, sprinkle cheese over the top and add a dollop of Greek yoghurt in the centre.
- To wrap: fold the bottom up first, followed by each side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Whole foods: 80% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve protein
- ½ serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve fat
- 2 ½ serves vegetables
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 466mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 314mg