Healthy eating becomes more difficult than it needs to be when your food is boring and tasteless. That’s not the case with this super simple meal the whole family will love! Using a simple spice mix and lemon juice, plus some tasty whole foods, you’ll have a dinner you’ll come back to time and time again.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 100g reduced fat feta cheese
- 200g wholewheat couscous
- 40g toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby rocket leaves
- 1 red capsicum, cup into thin strips
- 8 baby beetroots, canned or pickled, cubed
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- juice 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Combine the chicken tenderloins, lemon juice and 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning and toss well to coat the chicken. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan or bbq and cook the chicken, for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from the heat and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Add the olive oil and stir to combine. Allow to rest until all the water is absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Mix through the beetroot, capsicum and rocket.
- Serve each plate with a quarter of the couscous mixture, chicken and a sprinkle of feta. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serve
- Energy: 2164kJ (517cal)
- Protein: 46g
- Carbohydrate: 33g (sugar 15g)
- Fat: 16g (saturated 4g)
- Fibre: 7g
- Sodium: 429mg