These pumpkin and spinach muffins are one of the easiest and tastiest snack recipes that we’ve ever come across! They take 5 minutes to whip up and then take just 20-25 minutes in the oven to cook. If you’d like to make them with one of our dietitians or nutritionists, then make sure you book in for our Kitchen Consultation program. They pop up in the healthy snacking topic and we cook them along with two other snacks in just 30 minutes!
They are perfect to be made up in bulk over the weekend and then just chuck them in your lunch box each day during the week for a great afternoon pick me up. You can also freeze them and grab them as you need. They’re delicious popped in the microwave for 10 seconds and served with a small amount of cream cheese! Yum!
Pumpkin and Spinach Muffins
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin, grated
- 1 cup spinach leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cows milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Simply combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well until a thick batter forms.
- Grease your muffin tray or line with muffin cases and dollop a large spoonful of the mixture into each muffin hole (the muffins will rise so don’t fill them too full).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for later.
Nutrition Information for Pumpkin & Spinach Muffins
- Energy: 653kJ (156 cals)
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate (sugar): 17g (2g)
- Fat: 7g
- Fibre: 3g
- Sodium: 128mg
This recipe was created by Harriet Walker a personal trainer based in Canberra, and former dietitian for The Healthy Eating Hub.
If you are seeking help with healthy eating or you want some advice on setting some goals for this year, you can get professional help from one of our qualified dietitians at The Healthy Eating Hub.