You’re going to love this winter stew recipe. So hearty and full of flavour, this tasty slow-cooker meal will have you warmed up in no time. Not only is this recipe the ultimate winter comfort food, it’s packed full of fibre (11g per serve!), low in fat and very filling. Don’t forget to keep yourself some leftovers for lunch the next day, it tastes even better!
Slow Cooker Chorizo and Fennel
- Slow cooker
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 1 sausage, chorizo thinly sliced
- 1 fennel roughly chopped
- 1 onion, red finely chopped
- 350 g chicken, breast (about 1 large breast) chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 800 g tomato, diced, canned
- 1 tbsp rosemary, fresh finely chopped
- 1 cup stock, chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can beans, cannellini, canned
- Heat oil in a large fry pan and cook the chorizo for about 1-2 minutes. Add the onion and fennel and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add chicken to the fry pan and cook until slightly golden. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add tomatoes, rosemary, chicken stock and bay leaves and cook on high for 1 hour (or 3 hours on low).
- Add the cannellini beans to the slow cooker and stir through. Cook on high for a further hour.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve. Enjoy!
- ½ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1½ serve vegetable
- ¼ serve fat