Stuffed Capsicum with Mediterranean Inspired Cauliflower Rice
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g butternut pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 4 capsicums, washed, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Italian herbs
- 130g cooked cauliflower rice (use wholemeal couscous as alternative)
- 200g 4 bean mix
- 200g corn kernels
- 300ml passata
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a baking tray coat pumpkin with olive oil and Italian herbs and bake for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Remove pumpkin from tray. To the same tray, add in the capsicums. Bake for 5 minutes and remove.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the cauliflower rice, bean mix, corn kernels, roasted pumpkin, parsley and passata. Combine mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each capsicum with the Mediterranean mix and top with cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition info per serve
- Energy: 1787kJ (427 calories)
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 50g (23g sugar)
- Fat: 11g (4g saturated fat)
- Fibre: 18g
- Sodium: 461mg