On a cold winter’s night, when you’re tired after a long day, the desire for comfort food can be strong. With the right recipe, there’s no reason why you can’t make yourself a hot bowl of delicious pasta without compromising on your nutrition.
Lucky for you, this vegetable and tortellini bake is just the recipe for you. It’s part of our healthy convenience food series and you only need to buy minimal ingredients to get it on the table. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 x 600ml jar of tomato passata
- 200g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 packet pre-made tortellini
- 80g grated parmesan or mozzarella
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, capsicum and mushrooms and sauté until they are soft. Add the pasta and bring to a light simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pasta sauce with the tortellini in a large oven proof dish and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese or mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden. Serve with a side garden salad for extra vegetables and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serve
- Energy: 2293kJ (548 cals)
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 60.3g (10g sugar)
- Fat: 20g (saturated 7g)
- Fibre: 8g
- Sodium: 1026g