Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g pad thai noodles
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, finely sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 shallots including green, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- ½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp chili flakes, sambal oelek or sriracha
- In bottle or jar, combine all sauce ingredients and shake well. Set aside.
- Finely slice or peel carrots, capsicum and zucchini or use a vegetable spiralizer to make them into noodle thickness.
- Place noodles is a large heat proof bowl, cover with boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until they are soft and white.
- Meanwhile, heat half of the peanut oil in a large pan and fry eggs. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil and stir fry carrot, capsicum, zucchini and bean sprouts for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add them to the pan. Add the sauce, egg and shallots. Stir through until noodles are coated.
- Sprinkle with coriander and peanuts and serve.
- Energy 1496kJ (356 calories)
- Protein: 15.4g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3g ( 11.8g sugars)
- Fat 17.8g (3.6g saturated fat)
- Fibre: 5.6g
- Sodium 1100mg