I love lamb! It’s a delicious and hearty meat, but I don’t eat it very often. These days, lamb prices can be in excess of $40/kg, which doesn’t make it a cheap choice for those of us on a tight budget. Occasionally, I do like to splurge and buy myself a good quality cut and create the family a delicious, healthy meal.
If you’re thinking of splurging, then this zesty lamb and grilled vegetables recipe is an absolute winner. Packed full of delicious vegetables, high in fibre and protein, making it very filling, it’s sure to please! I hope you enjoy it!
Zesty Lamb and Grilled Vegetables
- 600 g lamb fillet cut into inch sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- ½ bunch basil, fresh finely chopped
- olive oil, spray
- 2 zucchini cut into chunks
- 1 capsicum, red cut into chunks
- 1 onion, red quartered
- 4 pita pockets, wholemeal (small)
- 2 cup rocket, baby
- 250 g hummus
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Add the lamb pieces and set aside to marinate for around 30 minutes. If you don’t have the time to marinate, this recipe will still taste great.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over high heat and spray lightly with olive oil. Add the vegetables and grill for 2 minutes each side until lightly charred. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the lamb to the grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until slightly charred. Add the vegetables back into the pan to re-heat for another 2 minutes. Add the basil leaves and toss through the vegetables and lamb until just wilted and fragrant. Remove the grill pan from the heat.
- Serve each dinner plate with 1 pita pocket and ½ cup of baby rocket. Top with the lamb and vegetable mixture and finish with a generous dollop of hummus. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 ¾ serve fat
- 2 serve vegetables